Sunday, September 25, 2016

Be Strong and Courageous.

Hey there!  Lydell here again sharing a page from this week in my Bible.  My bible group is reading Joshua, and this particular verse reminded me of a song I listened to as a teen, when life was not always so easy.  I love how music brings back memories and feelings associated with particular times and people......So I just had to do this verse from the chapter.


I used Shimmerz Aqua Huez, and a couple of Creameez colours and a gold Inklingz (a favourite...Miner, Miner  such a beautiful Gold!)




 I drew out my design and inked it with a Black .1 Micron Pen. Once dry I added colour, lightly at first and adding deeper colours in the folds of the roses and where shadows might be in the leaves.



I wrote the text with an embossing pen and covered it with white embossing powder and then melted with a heat tool.  Then the background colours were added with the white resisting the colour.
A technique that is not too tricky, and quite eye catching!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have an awesome weekend.





1 comment:

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful Bible journaling page. I love your flowers, background and the heat-embossed handlettered words. THANKS for the inspiration!