Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Adore - A soft layout with Karine

Hi Shimmerz Paints fans,

Karine is here today to share a soft layout. Here it is.


I started out with the Dramy meadows paper from Out of the blue. I covered it with a thin layer of clear gesso. Then, to add texture to my background, I used modeling paste through a stencil.


I was after a soft look for this layout about my partner, so I choose the following colors: Freshly Minted Inklingz, Get Glowing and Marshmallow Creameez and 4 Leaf Clover Spritz. As usual, I applied the colors with a brush, making sure each color was dry before I add another one.



I stamped my background to add even more texture. I used two stamps with grey ink, and another one with yellow ink.


I painted my chipboard (the Mod Squares from Blue Fern Studios) with white gesso.


I added Art Stones, mini Art Stones, some Sage mini Prills and some yellow grained grit, for an extra texture.


I used grey wire thread, a flair and a Blue Fern Studios title which I painted with white gesso.


Most of my flowers are from Prima.

I made a video tutorial to show you my creative process.


And don't forget to mention my blog if you order some Shimmerz, you'll get some free paint!


Have a nice day!


No comments: