Thursday, July 13, 2017

Lovely Layout With Nicole


Happy Thursday Shimmerz Fans!
Nicole here and today I have a fun, colorful layout to share with you!
Here's a look at the finished layout...


The background paper is really what inspired this whole layout.  I loved the triangles, all of the black and white with the little pops of color.  Its almost neutral enough that you can add more color to help bring out those triangles that are colored in...and that's what I chose to do.  I decided to leave the branding strip along the bottom as well to add more weight to the layout.

I began by choosing my Shimmerz paints that coordinated with blue, pink, green, yellow and orange. I chose Inklingz in Can't Elope, Inklingz in Meet Me @ Sunset, Creameez in Sky's the Limit, Creameez in Berry Hot and Creameez in Refresh Mint.  I felt those colors matched the best and were also on the lighter side to let the background show thru.  I did not use any gesso on this project as well. I began with applying the colors using the packaging technique and by using my brush. I varied the areas where I put the color to coordinate with the other embellishments. Once it was dry, I layered larger triangles in different patterned papers under my photo and on the left side of the page and added coordinating ephemera, tangled thread, enamel dots and other elements to bring the page together.  Here are close ups of the final layout:






 Here are the beautiful Shimmerz paints that I used on this layout:


 Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Until next time, have a fabulous week!





No comments: